Many people have been successfully working on weight loss goals after the pandemic. It can be challenging to fully celebrate this milestone in your life when you can see excess, sagging skin. If you’ve achieved this goal, you may be concerned about skin removal surgery after weight loss and what happens during the procedure. Our Scottsdale weight loss location can help answer any questions you may have about skin removal after weight loss surgery and what services we provide that can help.
Are You a Good Candidate for Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss?
Before the weight loss surgery in Scottsdale, AZ, begins, it’s important to determine your candidacy for the procedure. There is a range of different procedures to address excess skin on the arms, buttocks, torso, and legs. It allows the patient to achieve a natural look while regaining confidence and comfort. The best way to determine a patient’s candidacy is:
- Stability and good health – If you’ve managed to reach your goal and maintain a stable weight for the last six months, you are a candidate! Our Scottsdale weight loss procedures last many years, but any drastic fluctuations in your weight will generate negative results.
- Expectations and time off – Skin removal surgery after weight loss can give you a whole new body and boost self-esteem. It’s important to remember that while the results may make you give you a new and improved shape, they won’t create perfection. You may have visible scars when wearing certain clothing, like swimsuits. To better prepare for this transition, you should have several weeks available for time off to recover.
Procedures for Weight Loss Surgery in Scottsdale AZ
How much is skin removal surgery after weight loss? This question depends on a patient’s individual needs and goals because no two procedures are alike. Weight loss surgery in Scottsdale, AZ, may involve a combination of several lifting procedures that are personalized for a patient’s most pressing concerns. A surgeon may perform any of the following types of procedures for body contouring:
- Lower body – When you’re tightening the skin on the most common problem areas like the thighs, abdomen, and buttocks, a lower body lift is a popular choice. As one of the most extensive procedures, it requires a long incision that starts just above the hip bone and continues along the circumference of the body. The surgeon will tighten the abdominal muscles while removing access and sagging skin from the torso and back. The remaining tissue is lifted for a firmer and shapelier appearance.
- Panniculectomy – Most patients who experience dramatic weight loss will have significant excess skin around the abdomen also called pannus. Panniculectomy procedures remove this apron of skin to reveal a firmer torso and dramatically reduce patient discomfort. Clothes will fit much better.
- Thigh and buttocks – Drastic weight loss can frequently cause excess skin around the thighs and buttocks. A thigh and buttock lift will take care of this by removing the skin through the least conspicuous locations possible to avoid visible scarring like the groin. This will create a slender appearance that makes jeans and leggings fit better. Your favorite shorts will fit more comfortably while making your appearance more youthful and attractive.
- Upper body – For the ladies, this can be an especially important and impactful part of the body to contour. The extra skin on the upper body can result in “bra rolls,” saggy breasts, or hanging skin from the arms. An upper body lift will effectively target these areas and shape them for a more youthful appearance. Some upper body lift procedures include:
- Arms – An incision is made in the underside of the arm, and excess skin and fat are removed. The results are a firm and attractive appearance.
- Back/bra line – This procedure is frequently a combination of liposuction and skin removal to correct the appearance of the upper back and reduce “bra rolls.” Any incisions made are kept along the bra line where scars can be easily hidden.
- Breasts – Another very popular procedure, a breast lift, will dramatically improve the appearance of the breast. Weight loss can cause sagging and deflated breasts that can be unattractive for patients. This procedure can be combined with breast implants to restore volume and increase the size for a more shapely appearance.
- Other procedures – There are numerous other procedures that can be performed to help contour the body using skin removal surgery after weight loss, like tummy tucks, facelifts, liposuction, and neck contouring.
Life after Scottsdale Weight Loss
Recovery is dependent on the amount of skin removal surgery after weight loss. For a couple of procedures like arm and breast lift, you may be able to return to normal activities after a week. For more extensive skin removal surgery after weight loss, like a lower body lift, you will need more than a week of recovery to ease the drainage, pain, and swelling. Anything strenuous like weight lifting, vigorous exercise, or physical activity is prohibited for at least six weeks.
The more you recovery, the more rewards you will reap from the skin removal surgery after weight loss. When you want to see significant improvements in comfort, confidence, and appearance, embrace the recovery process, and results will last a lifetime.
The Best Place for Scottsdale Weight Loss
As the best place for skin removal surgery after weight loss in Scottsdale, AZ, we know a thing or two about restoring self-confidence, attractiveness, and comfort after dramatic weight loss. We provide all procedures and services necessary to restore your shape and more. You’ll find a wide variety of options to choose from, including:
- Brachioplasty (arm lift)
- Thigh lift
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
- Body lift
- Power-assisted liposuction
- Breast lift
- Mommy Makeover
For the hardworking moms looking to lift and tighten loose skin, we are here to help with a Mommy Makeover! It’s time to do something for yourself and rejuvenate your feminine physique. This procedure includes several other procedures like:
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
- Breast augmentation or lift
Recovery from a Mommy Makeover is two weeks. Once the procedure is completed, it’s important to begin walking to prevent blood clots from forming. After a couple of weeks, you can resume light exercise with more intense sessions after six weeks.
You can expect some bruising that generally lasts for a few weeks with noticeable incisions immediately after. These will gradually fade and flatten over time.
Schedule Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
How much is skin removal surgery after weight loss? When you schedule your initial consultation, Dr. Semone Rochlin will go over costs and evaluate where your fat deposits are located while assessing your skin tone. If you smoke, you will be instructed to quit for up to six weeks after the surgery to minimize complications. Smoking can delay the healing process.
Call today for a virtual consultation to get started!